Thursday, July 09, 2020

How I passed Salesforce Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer Certification

To date, this was the easiest exam I have taken so far. I am dedicating all the "easiness" to my 2 decades of software development experience in the enterprise world. 

The preparation was easy and all the contents in trailmix got absorbed into my little brain like a sponge absorbs water. 

The trailmix had topics on "how-to" technical subjects - but the exam had more on governance than technical. 

As with any SF exam prep, I did the following:

1. Go thru the trailmix diligently and religiously
2. Watch videos in Youtube on Governance (there are tons) and Version Control strategies
3. Work on mock tests (Propofs and Quizlets)

The following experiences also helped me in preparing for the exam:


Again, the Ladies Be Architects videos come to help! Big thanks to Gemma and gang! They really rock!

Before closing in, couple of main topics that I hit on the exam:
1. Sandboxes (what and when)
2. Editions (which editions can do what)
3. Source Control strategies
4. Metadata API
5. Changeset Deployment
6. Governance

The following tables helped me understand the sandbox types and various types of changes in the ALM:


Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cookies, anyone?

  Our application started having integration issues early March this year. Did I say that was intermittent? To add to our confusion, we coul...